(7 Days / 6 Nights)
(AHMEDABAD 1Night– JAMNAGAR 1Night– DWARKA 1Night – SOMNATH 1Night –GIR 2Nights))
HIGHLIGHTS:• 06 Nights’ Accommodation • Daily Buffet breakfast • All meals at Sasangir • Air-conditioned Car for Sightseeing and excursions as per our itinerary.
• Gandhi Ashram: On a quiet peaceful stretch of the Sabarmati river, Mahatma Gandhi set up a simple retreat in 1915. This was his Satyagrah Ashram and for many years it was the nerve centre of India’s freedom movement. It was from here, in 1930, that Mahatma began his famous Dandi March to the sea to protest against the Salt Tax imposed by the British. Hridaya Kunj, the simple cottage where he lived, is now a national monument and preserved as it was during the Mahatma’s life-time.
• Jumma Masjid: The Friday mosque was built by the city’s founder, Sultan Ahmed Shah, in 1423. Built of yellow sandstone in an architectural style that combines the best of Muslim & Hindu traditions. It stands on 260 pillars that support 15 domes at varying elevations.
• Teen Darwaja : The triple-arched gateway was built by Sultan Ahmed Shah to serve as the royal entrance to the Maidan Shahi or the Royal Square. It is in an imposing monument of perfect proportions & highly ornate buttresses.
• Hutheesingh Jain Temple : Built outside the Delhi Gate in 1850 by a rich Jain merchant, the Hutheesing Temple is the best known of Ahmedabad’s many ornate Jain temples.
Overnight at Ahmedabad.
Today you drive to Jamnagar. Later proceed to visit Bala Hanuman Temple
Bala Hanuman Temple : Bala Hanuman Temple is a pilgrim place venerated by the devotees of Lord Rama. It is a world famous temple, known for the continuous chanting of Jai Ram, Shri Ram. The chanting is going on since 1964 and has found a place for it in the Guinness Book of World Records. People chant the name of the Lord in shifts, 24hours a day Overnight at Jamnagar.
After breakfast you will proceed to Dwarka.
DWARKA : One of the principal pilgrimages of Hinduism is at Dwarka. Legend says that Lord Krishna moved to this coastal town to set up a capital city. Marine excavations off the Dwarka coast have revealed important evidences of tour ancient cities, which probably include the Dwarawati of the Krishna Lila. Today, it is not only a major pilgrimage site but a pleasant spot for a beach holiday. The multi pillared sabha mandapa leads to a 60 pillared sanctum sanctorum (Holy of the Hollies) that dates back 2500 years according to the scriptures.
Afternoon visit Nageshwar and Bet Dwarka .
After breakfast we will once again visit the Dwarkadheesh Temple (Jagat Mandir). Jagat Mandir, with the presiding deity of Shri Krishna known as Dwarkadheesh .
• Rukmani Temple : The visit of Dwarka is not complete without a visit to Bet Dwarka, an island at a distance of 30 Kms.
• Off the coast of Okha port, At Bet, there are temples of Vishnu (in the form of ‘matsya’), Radha, Lakshmi, Satyabhama, Jambuvanti and Devaki. A ferry ride from Dwarka to the island of Bet near Okha makes a pleasant outing.
• Nageshwar Mandir: temple situated towards Okha dedicated to Lord Shiva and houses one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in an underground chamber. We will then visit Gomati Village, Gomati Talav and Gomati Mandir. Overnight stay at Dwarka .
Today, after attending the morning aarti at Dwarkadhish temple, drive to Somnath.
Somnath: One of the most revered & an important center of culture & nationalism. The legendary temple contains a ‘jyotirlinga’. Looted & destroyed, built & rebuilt several times, it represents the eternal beauty & strength of the Indian society. The present splendid structure was rebuilt about five decades ago, at the exact spot where the original shrine was located. The iron man of India Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was instrumental in the construction of the present temple. Overnight at Somnath.
Morning after breakfast after drive to Sasan Gir, en route visit Bhaluka Tirth & Triveni Ghat.
Early Morning visit Gir National Park
GIR – Is the only place in the world outside Africa, where the lion can beseen in his natural habitat. The forest also harbours a variety of smalleranimals & birds. Other predators. are Panther & the Hyena. The Indian Deer,Sambar, Spotted deer, Blue bull, Chinkara & the Chowsingha (four hornedantelope) are found here, alongwith the bear & the long tailed langur Overnight Sasangir
You will be transferred to Ahmedabad airport/railway station for your onward journey back home